Thursday, February 14, 2008

Today

Today NIU was shot up.

That makes me very sad. We pray . . . Hope to God that He can save us. . .

Please pray for NIU and the victims of this . . .

It brings to mind the very topic that i preached on last suday. I have begun to understand that we as a people and a humanity have been created by God for communion. And i mean true community. Not the cheesy, neighbors but strangers that we get (to my experience) in america, but honest to goodness and God communion that the Church is supposed to be (although in my opinion, has been lacking). Oh . . but no .. . Not us americans, we are free to be individuals. we are a community of individuals. And now we have people carrying burdens that were not meant to be carried.

I am not saying that this is the necessary reason for all the violence i have seen lately or even in this specific instance, but i do understand this to be a major malfunction in our society.

any thoughts?

No comments: